Beauty & Editorial Makeup Course for the Deaf
This fully certificated and accredited Makeup Course for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing is designed to give you the confidence and skills to become a self-employed makeup artist working in bridal, special occasion and beauty editorial industries.
Included in the Course
Professional 13 piece Louise Young Brush Set
False eyelash set
Designed and taught by Kellie Moody who is extremely successful and highly experienced in a variety of makeup styles. Please visit her profile for further details.
The syllabus encompasses up to date makeup trends and techniques most commonly sought after by your potential customer base. It covers essential training in how to promote your own business and how to become a successful makeup artist.
- Health, safety and hygiene.
- Colour matching and application techniques for varying skin types.
- Flawless skin and beauty makeup for editorial and bridal.
- Definition makeup, Contouring and highlighting and working with varying eye shapes.
- Eyebrow shaping, false lash application.
- Iconic Vintage makeup design with eye line flicks and symmetry perfection.
- Hollywood Glam with the ultimate smokey eye.
- Setting up your business. Advertising, networking and pricing. Client organisation, portfolio building and the importance of a good website
NB: This course is also open to hearing students with a level 3 in BSL (British Sign Language)
Please ask for details regarding available accomodation
8th – 12th Oct 2018
3rd – 7th June 2019
(1 Week Monday – Friday)
10.00am – 4.00pm, with 30 mins for lunch
£500 Inc Vat
Special Note: We would like to thank the National Deaf Children’s Society for helping us to fund this course with the Innovation Grant Scheme. This has allowed us to significantly reduce the cost of the course and enabled us to purchase visual aids and acquire extra help during class time.
Share this Page