Casualty Wounds and Special FX Makeup Course
This casualty wounds and Special FX course is ideal for anyone wishing to learn specialised techniques and application methods for the creation of realistic simulated injuries used in the TV & Film Industry
This special FX makeup course is taught by the renowned Darren Longthorne whose skills and expertise have taken him across all genres of the entertainment industry. Darren’s expertise in sculpting, prosthetics, model and prop making has seen his work showcased across many different realms of the industry. His work includes the sculpture for the Vivien Westwood Brit award, the fabrication of armour and shields for the hit TV series the Vikings, and personal prosthetics required for complete transformations on stars such as David Walliams and Peter Kay.
This intensive two week course will arm you with skills, whether you’re an experienced makeup artist wanting to update, refine or enhance your knowledge in Special FX makeup. If you have no previous experience and just want to develop and learn to create realistic simulated injuries. Darren will guide and help you to maximise your creative talent so even a complete beginner will leave having accomplished many specialist techniques!
Here are just a few of Darren’s many credits across the film and television sector:
Thor, The Dark World, Star Wars Attack Of The Clones, Wrath of the Titans, Granada TV’s Coronation Street, A&E, Blue Murder, BBC drama Bodies, C4′s Shameless and the BBC’s Body Farm, Casualty. Prosthetics creator- Channel 4 series No Offence, CBBC prop maker So Awkward and Mr Tumble, Peter Kay’s Phoenix Nights (severed Head) City and the Sitter, Period drama The White Princess and Scenic artist for Ninja Warriors.
13th – 24th Aug 2018
£2,400 (inc. VAT)
Bath Academy of Media Makeup Ltd is an introducer appointed representative of Ideal Sales Solutions Ltd T/A Ideal4Finance.
Ideal Sales Solutions is a credit broker and not a lender FRN 703401 Finance available subject to status. Loans of 25000 and above available on a secured basis.
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or any other debt secured on it.
Included in The Course
Special FX Kit bag
Including: Kit Bag, paint brushes, on set illustrator palette, Makeup Armoury – sculpt gels, bloods, Ben Nye bruise wheel, sculpting tools and accessories
- Casualty effects – Black eyes, broken nose, split lip, scabs, spots and blisters.
- Bullets wounds – entry and exits.
- Stitching a wound.
- Working with 3rd degree and sculpt gels.
- Burns makeup – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree scaring.
- Creating various effects and pigmenting latex.
- Sculpting and moulding assorted wounds and scars.
- Working with Pro Bondo, from design to application.
- Sculpting, painting and application of various wounds in direct applied silicone.
- Producing a scar tray mould and casting wounds in gelatine including painting and application.
- Creation of a realistic severed finger using a silicone mould from a life cast.
- Face casting and sculpting facial injuries & understanding the floating process to produce a prosthetic piece for makeup application.