Amber Ralf initially joined us for our Fashion & Editorial Makeup Course but she loved it so much that she decided to enrol on the Peter King TV & Film Makeup course too. Amber’s work is always varied- from Fashion Photoshoots, to providing makeup to those working on set, to making brides (and bridal parties) look picture perfect on their Big Day, to running her own Bridal Makeup Agency: ‘Amber June Bridal. Here, Amber advises how to conceal a tattoo using makeup- a skill required and requested from many Makeup Artists (especially those working in the field of Bridal).
At a wedding I worked at recently I was asked if I could conceal a tattoo for a bridesmaid. It was quite a large tattoo, covering the top half of her arm. Here you can see the before and after images.
To cover tattoos I use Dermacolour from Kryolan. They have a range of colours, so whatever the skin type I am confident I will have the colours to match.
- Cleanse and tone the skin, to clear away any dirt and oil.
- Use a clean sponge or makeup brush to apply your first coat (I use a brush as I find it more accurate).
- Let each layer dry before applying the next layer, until you are happy with the coverage.
- Blend the product surrounding the tattoo- this will give it an even tone and help it to blend into your natural skin colour.
- Once you are happy, set the product with translucent powde by dusting it lightly with a clean blusher brush.
You can see more of Amber’s work on her website – http://www.amberralf.co.uk
Share this Post