Jade won 3rd place in our Recreate Competition, and with it, a place on our Bridal Hair & Makeup Course. Here, she tells us all you need to know about eyebrows.
If, like me, you’ve spent hours (perhaps days) trawling the internet- admiring/ obsessing over celebrity eyebrows that are seemingly carved by angels, you will understand that eyebrows are kind of a big deal.
They have the potential to shape and change your entire face. When your eyebrow game is strong you are a force to be reckoned with- your overall self esteem and confidence is at it’s peak when you know you look and feel good!
Take a look at some of my favourite eyebrow products I like to use on myself and my clients for perfect brow results:
Tried, Tested and true! Product & effect
- Bobbi Brown Brow Kit
- 2shades to define and fill in the brows; mirror and tweezers. Perfect!
- Louise Young Angled Sable Brow Brush
- The Sable Brow Brush is a must have for a professional neat finish.
- MAC Clear Eyebrow Gel
- A brush on gel that strokes brows into shape. Adds shine and style.
- Loreal Paris Brow Stylist Sculptor Pencil
- This 3‐in‐1 pencil lets you draw, shape and set eyebrows.
- Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow.
- A silky, powder eye shadow that glides on smoothly and blends easily.
We Tweeze, Not pluck! Tweezing is for eyebrows, Plucking is for chickens!
- Use clear or tinted eyebrow gel to keep those unruly hairs in perfect place!
- Personally, I like using eye shadow to fill in my brows. I find it easier to make them look soft and natural than when using a brow pencil. Just take a thin angled brush, dip it in the eye shadow and draw a line along the bottom of your brows where needed. Then, gently brush/blend it upwards.
- Tinting your brows will save you time instead of having to fill them in throughout the day. Tint will last up to 2weeks.
- Waxing and threading will get that clean, refined and super streamlined edge- that every single Kardashian has mastered!
- When asking your brow specialist to tweeze wax or thread, use words like ‘natural’, ‘slight arch’, ‘full’, ‘thick’ and ‘low arch’- in order to achieve a natural yet groomed and maintainable look.
7 Facts you didn’t know about your eyebrows
1. Eyes See
Their main function is to prevent sweat, water, and other debris from falling into the eye socket. Their arched shape helps divert any liquid towards the side of our face.
The average lifespan of an eyebrow is four months (the time it takes for each hair to fall out and new hair to fill in).
According to the Bosley hair transplant company, the average person has about 250 hairs per eyebrow. However, some reports show that ‘never been tweezed’ brows can have as many as 1100 total hairs!!
Many mammals have brows and use them to express emotions but we are the only species that have eyebrows against bare skin. This, apparently, provides us with an evolutionary advantage because our expressions are easier for our fellow men and women to see and interpret.
They’re critical for non-verbal communication. Eyebrows are one the most expressive parts of our faces. You can tell exactly how someone is feeling based on their brow movements. If they have furrowed brows they’re probably angry. If one is raised it could mean they are feeling inquisitive or confused. If they’re feeling shocked both might be raised.
6. Mirror Check
The shape of your brows may predict your personality. If you have straight eyebrows you might be more fact‐oriented and direct. If they are slightly curved, you’re likely to be a more people oriented person.
7. Impressive Brows
Finally, did you know that the world record for the longest eyebrow hair is nearly six inches?! This title belongs to Toshie Kawakami at the Guiness World Records Museum in Tokyo.
To see more of Jade’s work on her Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/GreenstoneHair
Share this Post